Saturday 26 November 2011

I’ve looked at Aurorae from both sides now – stunning video

Similar to my previous post – Home - but very much more spectacular, is this video which is a time lapse sequences of photographs taken by the crew of expeditions 28 & 29 onboard the International Space Station from August to October, 2011. The video is HD, refurbished, smoothed, retimed, denoised, deflickered, cut, etc. The editor, Mike Konig tried to keep the looks of the material as original as possible, avoided adjusting the colors and the like, since, in his opinion, the original footage itself already has an almost surreal and aesthetic visual nature. Most notable is the auroral activity - both Aurora Borealis and Aurora Australis. Lots of lightning storms feature too.

Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nick --

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see no steenkeeng video here...

Nick Palmer said...

Well, it was there. Looks like I need to do some rescue work!